Saturday, May 14, 2011

A change in perspective

In my short little life I've seen some things. People left for dead, the birth of a child, a space shuttle disaster, the tearing down for the Berlin wall. But the closest thing to me is what God has done in me.

I believe that in our lives there will be some scriptures or events that God will use to drastically alter your make-up or cause a change in your perspective.  There have been some things that have had that affect on me but one scripture in particular I have tried to keep in the forefront of my mind.

James 1:19 (New International Version 1984)Listening and Doing
19My dear brothers, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry,

I try to keep this in practice but indeed I struggle.

But recently another scripture has come up that I'm pondering. It's short, probably read right over, and I've never heard it talked about. The one after it I've heard numerous times. So here it is.....



2 Corinthians 5:16 (New International Version 1984)

 16 So from now on we regard no one from a worldly point of view. Though we once regarded Christ in this way, we do so no longer


Specifically the first sentence of this verse. I want to point out a couple things. First when Paul addressed the Corinthians he would have said "you" or if he were to address other Christians he probably would have indicated that with a phrase like, brothers and sisters or fellow believers, something of that nature.  Here he says "no one" which seems all inclusive to me.

SO how is this going to play out for me in life? One thing I consider is that we can see in scripture where God is able to work with all people. God hardened Pharoh's heart to work for the good of all people. In that same situation God used Moses has his spokesman. God was at work in the big picture.  To me this is going to mean a change in the way we view our day to day walk. Consider the big picture and that everyone that crosses your path may indeed be God at work. That you may indeed be encountering a drastic situation, maybe a situation that seems unbearable.  God is not far from you or your situation.  God has a different perspective, he wants us to come along side that same way.

It's not a What Would Jesus Do thing, more like, a lets not do anything for a second and take a look at the big picture. How is God seeing this situation. While we think this over, I want to leave with one...

Psalm 31:23-24  23 Love the LORD, all his saints! The LORD preserves the faithful, but the proud he pays back in full. 24 Be strong and take heart, all you who hope in the LORD.

With Love, from out in left field- David

No comments:

Post a Comment