Saturday, May 28, 2011

Distracted

I hope this letter finds you well.

This week has been nothing but one giant distraction of after another. For us to be distracted we have to first have a focus. so what was I trying to focus on. Well I can't even get my mind to focus for that.

I think I wanted to be focused on God, maybe at least God's word. Some how trying to focus on living out God's Love. But here I sit a week gone by and yes there was a prayer said here and there, mostly on the fly.  I'm not feeling the love.

Tornado's, reorganization at work, a friend with cancer, I seem to have a battle ground in my mind. I feel desperate and saddened by the Tornado's affect on our community. People lost homes, people lost their dearest possessions, people lost loved ones.  Stress and concern in other areas. I think this is life.

1 Corinthians 10:13 (New International Version)

13 No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it.

God please be faithful for us.

And most upsetting I think is the lack of time I seem to have spent with Abba, of course He is always with me. But am I with him? It's time to regain focus, It's time to take over the battle in my mind.(it can't be to big after all)

Hebrews 12:2-3 (New International Version)

2 fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith. For the joy set before him he endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. 3 Consider him who endured such opposition from sinners, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart.

God help us stay strong, give us heart.



2 Corinthians 4:8-9 (New International Version)

8 We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; 9 persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed.

Even if everything we have is gone. Even if this body suffers. Even if this body dies. We must remember this is not our home this is not our whole life.  Glory be to God the Father. In all things give thanks, sometimes easier said the done. I pray God gives you hope, strength, courage, and heart.

Love- David.

No comments:

Post a Comment