Saturday, April 30, 2011

What the heck we're you thinking!?!

I live what must be a pretty sheltered life. I go to work, Church, home, Life Group. Occasional date night, or trip to the local Wal-mart. But that is about it.  This observation was brought to the forefront of my mind this last week.

I just wanted cool whip, got way more than I bargained for.
While I was at home my lovely bride apparently experienced a Cool Whip emergency which required an immediate response from me, the CWEC ( cool whip emergency coordinator) So I drove up to the convienence store knowing I was about to pay 200 X the price of the grocery store.

Upon my arrival, I find someone having a seizure but already had people around them. I asked if they needed help and was told "No were OK" So I thought well if this person has seizures regularly there family is usually used to it as well as the patient themselves. So I go in the store.

Desperately and throughly seraching the cases, scaning Hi and low and talking to the clerk no, Cool-whip. Outside the store nothing has changed since entering. Now I'm more concerned. The two gentlemen, were still just talking like this was normal. After brief questioning, neither wanted to take any responsibility for the person. First name is all I could get.So I called an ambulance, which took them lights and sirens away into the night.

SO what the heck were they thinking? Where in all of human existence did people loose there compassion. Now I'm not the most compassionate person on the planet. But this was insane. By my own investigatory ability I'm sure drugs were involved.

The only thing I can say is people need Jesus, they need God's Love. They need someone to care and take action. This was the scripture that came to my mind..

Romans 5:6-8 (New International Version, ©2011)
 6 You see, at just the right time, when we were still powerless, Christ died for the ungodly. 7 Very rarely will anyone die for a righteous person, though for a good person someone might possibly dare to die. 8 But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

We need to do this, it takes good people, not perfect, but good people to step in for those who need Jesus. We are that extension. Someone will need you and it maybe an ugly situation. In this instance the only thing that was needed was anyone, who didn't want to see somone else DIE in a gas station parking lot!! not rocket science! Be in constant contact with God, do what you can do. Help the ones you can, like God sent you there at that time, that specific place. God sent you to touch their life. Love in Christ- David.

No comments:

Post a Comment