Saturday, June 25, 2011

What's a BIG DEAL!?


Who at this point hasn't had some thing happen that was a really big deal? I think everyone has. Let's  look back in time and I mean, lets go way back. How about High school, far enough?

When I was in High School I was ultra self-conscious, at least till I was a Senior. But I can remember some things that happened that were really a big deal. Like not having enough money to go to the movies with friends or having to take my lunch when I was a freshmen, thought that was a big deal. Basically anything that didn't go MY way was a big deal.

But what is a big deal to God?

I have seen loved ones die after years of illness. Is this not a big deal? I have seen friends lose their children before they take their first breath, is this not a big deal? I have seen my own family struggle through difficulties, is this not a big deal?

One thing I have noticed over the years, is that God has changed my perception of what is a BIG DEAL. Most things that are currently a big deal, focus on me. I'm focused on my problems and I am only looking at them through my perspective.

Nothing has happened or will, that God has not known. My life has one main purpose, to be conformed to the image and likeness of His son.  Through that statement, it is a life of gratefulness, thanksgiving, love, and compassion.

I do not know hardship or suffering compared to what others throughout the world do. Nor does it compare to the Love that God himself showed for me. While I was wrapped up in a BIG DEAL, wrapped up in self, wrapped up with the concerns of this world, wrapped in sin, Christ died for me. 

As I look back on those things that were a big deal at the time. I see God provided and delivered and moreover LOVED me through all these things. Furthermore, I couldn't show the kind of compassion and comfort to others I should, had i not endured and been brought through these things. Since I was comforted, I can better show comfort to others. 

I hope the next BIG DEAL that comes along I will have a better handle on it. That I will have less self in it. That I will immediately turn my face toward Abba, our Father in Heaven, and glorify His name. For nothing is out side of His ability, His Love, His Faithfulness.

What's a big deal to God, You, more than your physical well being, it's your spirit, a Big Deal is your eternity.
May the God of Peace wrap you in His unfailing Love- David


No comments:

Post a Comment