Sunday, March 27, 2011

Your Honorable Mention

Just a fact about me. When I read the Bible, If I come across a scripture that makes me stop and wonder I won't go on until I "feel" ready to move on. That time maybe a minute, maybe a week  And indeed it takes me forever to read any part of the Bible. But none the less, that's how I roll. This week would be know different.

Acts 18:6-8 (New International Version, ©2011)

6 But when they opposed Paul and became abusive, he shook out his clothes in protest and said to them, “Your blood be on your own heads! I am innocent of it. From now on I will go to the Gentiles.”
 7 Then Paul left the synagogue and went next door to the house of Titius Justus, a worshiper of God. 8 Crispus, the synagogue leader, and his entire household believed in the Lord; and many of the Corinthians who heard Paul believed and were baptized.

This was Paul's final attempt at Corinth, to reason with the Jews. Did you see the one that got me?
                     7 Then Paul left the synagogue and went next door to the house of              Titius Justus, a worshiper of God.

From what I could find on http://www.biblegateway.com/ and the great and powerful Google , this is the only time Titius Justus is mentioned. One time. Is this some sort of an honorable mention, maybe a participant ribbon? I mean how did one get their name in the Bible?  To be mentioned by God for all of man to read and hear about for thousands of years!

Everyone I see in the Bible was really good, really bad, hated God, or desperately Loved Him. There are no ordinary people in the Bible. This guy, Titius, was no exception.  If nothing else the guy seems to have hosted Paul in his home for about one year. Paul would use this mans circle of friends and his influence in the community, to reach out to others.  Was this the first Lifegroup , I think so. No, I'm sure others were meeting in homes as well but what made this man standout?

An open heart, an open mind, and an open door. He loved God, he worshiped Him. His house was said to even have a common wall with the synagogue. HA!  As we pray for God to open our hearts and minds; open doors for us to minister. Keep in mind, that door, may even be your own.

Let God in, Let God out. It's like breathing, only better. Love- David.

No comments:

Post a Comment