Monday, July 11, 2011

Diabetic Christianity

If you have ever been around a person with diabetes, that suffers from low blood sugar, they usually have something to eat nearby. I know in Oklahoma a restriction on your license can be to have food or candy within reach of the driver.

If you have been around someone that is experiencing low blood sugar, they can do some strange things. They even act like they are drunk. Odd behavior, extreme emotional swings, they have it all. If they would have just maintained there blood sugar.

For me diabetes runs in the family so I watch out for signs of problems. And though I have never been diagnosed with it I have noticed some issues I have. For instance there have been times I could tell, and others around me like my wife, that I needed to eat something. I get really cranky and I personally can't always tell. Sometimes I get a headache and feel a little sick. But I'm not always able to see it. I'll be working away at something, forgetting to stop. One of those times when time flies by. You look up and "Man where has the time gone!". You're in a hurry so you move on to the next thing. Later realize, "I didn't eat lunch." At least that's what can happen to me.

My Walk with God lately has turned out the same way. If I had known it was lunch time I would have eaten. I don't like to feel bad, so what happened? I got so busy I didn't even notice I missed something. I didn't even know I was hungry! That seems so crazy. If you don't eat, well we don't run on just air. I feel my relationship with God should be just as extreme. I want to live!

Matthew 5:6

Apparently my lack of ability to judge time and needs for my own life are impaired. I don't know I'm hungry and I don't know it's lunch time. So now what. I believe this is what Jesus was talking about in John 14. He says He is going to the Father, He will do whatever you ask in His name. 

This is the kind of thing, I believe, truly makes Abba proud. To ask, Father make me hunger for you, thirsty for you. I can't be trusted to take this task on my own. I need God's help, I want to feel the hunger, long to drink from His cup. And always be looking for more.

With love and hoping you're hungry- David

No comments:

Post a Comment