Saturday, July 16, 2011

GLORIFY



Definition of GLORY
1a : praise, honor, or distinction extended by common consent : renown b : worshipful praise, honor, and thanksgiving <giving glory to God>
 
 
Definition of GLORIOUS
1a : possessing or deserving glory : illustrious b : entitling one to glory <a glorious victory>
2: marked by great beauty or splendor : magnificent <a glorious sunset>
 
Definition of GLORIFY
1a : to make glorious by bestowing honor, praise, or admiration b : to elevate to celestial glory.
 
I think most of us would say that we want to live a life that Glorifies God.  More over a life that Glorifies Him and also points others to do the same. But what does that mean? What does that look like?
 
Matthew Chp 5 says we are the light of the world, let our light shine, others will see and glorify the Father.  I know I for one look at myself and think, "How can I point others to Glorify the Father?" when I look at what all is wrong with me how can God use me.
 
Really the answer is simpler than one might think. God's is bigger than you are. What can you do that God says, "Now what am I going to do?" Nothing. Read through the Psalms, as you see David a man after God's own heart, crying out to Abba, praising Him, searching for Him. 
 
It wasn't that David was perfect, he apparently had a few issues throughout his life. Same as us, but God saw through all of those faults (which God uses to change us) and built a great Kingdom through David. 
 
God is working through you. Take heart. With your Heart seek Him, seek His Love, seek His mercy and grace.  Remember that this is a constant spiritual battle, and wanting to good evil is right there with us. 
 
Please take a minute, follow this link read Psalm 69.   
 
Finally I leave you with a few scriptures.
Psalm 86:12
I will praise you, Lord my God, with all my heart; I will glorify your name forever.Psalm 63:3
Because your love is better than life, my lips will glorify you.Psalm 34:3
Glorify the LORD with me; let us exalt his name together.
I want to thank you so much for reading. My prayer from the beginning was that God be glorified. To spread the Love of Christ. To question religion and find Relationship. To challenge others to realize the leadership potential God has built within them. You are here for battle. We might have varying roles in there, but I feel we are at war.
 
Love in Christ- David
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment