Sunday, July 31, 2011

Lost on the I

Well I missed a week of the blog. Not for any particular reason it just happened I wanted to do it but time just got away.

Earlier this week I had posted a comment on Facebook, "You ever look around like How did I get here? Why haven't I seen a sign in awhile?"

I think maybe that is what has happened in my own relationship with God. I became unaware. In my line of work they use the term "Situational Awareness". I work at a fairly busy airport. the need to be constantly aware of where you are, what exactly your are doing, and what others are doing around you.  This Situational Awareness is what gets you home safe everyday.

We need to have this same, OK maybe I, need to make this same effort in my relationship with God. Maybe I lost my awareness. I seemed to have turned around and can't remember how I got here. I don't recognize anything, nothing seems familiar.

It's like every time I go to Tulsa, OK, I don't mean to but I always end up in the railway shipping area, at least 8 out of 10 times. The funny thing is now when I get to that point I can find my way out. It has gotten easier.  But I also realize that I make those mistakes easily, so I am aware of my ability or lack of ability. I try not to make the same mistakes twice.

Or maybe it something different all together. Maybe the frustration I feel at getting lost Is actually God in control. Maybe just maybe there's too much I......................

John 3:30 30 He must become greater; I must become less.”

 

Well that was kind of all over the place wasn't it.- love David.

No comments:

Post a Comment